Mass timber uses state-of-the-art technology to glue, nail or dowel wood products together in layers. The results are large structural panels, posts and beams. These exceptionally strong and versatile products are known as mass timber.
Mass timber products include:
- Cross-Laminated Timber (CLT)
- Dowel-Laminated Timber (DLT)
- Glue-Laminated Timber (GLULAM)
- Nail-Laminated Timber (NLT)
- Laminated Stand Lumber (LSL)
- Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL)
- Parallel Strand Lumber (PSL)
- Mass Plywood Panel (MPP)
KEY ADVANTAGES OF MASS TIMBER
STRONG: Mass timber can be used to supplement or replace steel or concrete as a structural solution.
SUSTAINABLE: BC’s forests are sustainably managed so we can rely on timber supply for generations.
SAFE: Mass timber building systems are proven to meet or exceed code requirements.