1 DAY | 3 OUTSTANDING PRESENTATIONS
DATE: January 21, 2021
TIME: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
This comprehensive workshop will recreate the design thinking, technical challenges and advanced BIM/VDC work that was behind two new innovative offices using a mass timber structure.
Presentation #1: BCBC: New Prescriptive Allowances for Low-rise Commercial Wood Buildings
Presentation #2: PH1: Integrated Design and Construction in a Mixed-use Office
Presentation #3: Fast + Epp Headquarters: Close-up with a Head Office under Construction
Wood WORKS! BC is pleased to announce the presenters:
- Marc Alam, Manager, Codes & Standards – Fire, Canadian Wood Council
- John Hemsworth, Principal – Hemsworth Architecture
- Joe Geluch, President – Naikoon Contracting Ltd.
- Austin Hawkins, Architect AIBC – F2A Architecture Ltd.
- Tobias Fast, Senior Engineer – Fast + Epp
WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Developers, building and design professionals, including architects, structural engineers, building officials, contractors and technologists wanting to expand their proficiency and knowledge of mass timber in a new building type.
Don’t miss this outstanding opportunity to learn from innovators and thought leaders in mass timber!